Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye 2011

Holy cow! It's been 20 days since I've been here. Just been a busy girl. And I HAVE been a little under the weather.  Nyquil was my very good friend for several nights. 

You know that feeling you get when you haven't called your mother back for a few days and you know you need to but the longer you wait the harder it is? No? K, never mind. One of my "resolutions" for the new year is to keep an idea journal. So many thoughts have come into my brain and I have no idea where they're all hanging out but it's not any place I can find them.

So what's been going on? How was your December? Let's see. I had a birthday on the 5th. I turned 45. Here's the strange part. I LOVE my birthday. But this year, I just wasn't looking forward to it at all. I have so much in my life to be thankful for and happy about, and I am. So why was this birthday different than any other? Don't know, but I obviously survived just fine and the rest of the month moved in a speedy blur.


Love this card. So appropriate!

 Another difference this year is my gift stress level. I had almost none. I had a few moments of panic, but over all I enjoyed finding just the right thing for people very much this year. 

One thing that Adam and I did, that I've decreed a tradition is taking a day of shopping downtown. For some things the mall is required and the mall and I are pretty good friends. (Shocking right?) But we spent an afternoon wandering, shopping, eating, even having a few beers. It was such a great time.

Then before you know it- it's Christmas Eve. Adam's family had their celebration on Christmas Eve this year to make things less stressful for his Grandma. She plays organ and piano at church and with Christmas Day falling on Sunday it would have just been too much for her.
I've never been able to go to Christmas with his family so I was excited to spend the day with them. It was great fun. Delicious food, white elephant gifts and even some Raiders vs Chiefs football. Santa came a little early and gave my Raiders a win, salvaged from a HORRIBLE game. 

Adam's 2 Aunts with Baby Cooper. Brady was sick so he had to keep his distance.

Chad & Erin


Merry Christmas Grace face! Looks like a yummy cinnamon roll! 

Poor Gabi is doing her best at trying to be patient

Cameron and Casey would rather have slept until noon and started after that!


The paper may have been her favorite part of the day. No surprise there!
 The girls got a doll house from GG and Grampa (my mom & dad) and it was all over after that. They love it. Gabi (of course) made sure everyone had a family member to play with and that all was well. We had a room full of dolls, Easy Bake Oven, Tinker Bell "stuff", princess dresses, etc. Annie and I headed out with quite a bit of glitter on us. 
They play together really well.

Myla Marie was sick, but you could never tell. She had a great day and 2 wardrobe changes after her original jammies. Oh yes, she is her mommy's girl. 
This one can turn on the "camera face" like nobody's business. 

Outfit #3
 I had a great day with kids and babies. Christmas still needs to be tweeked a little bit to accommodate our unconventional family, but we'll get there. After the day with those kids and babies, Adam and
 I headed home to have our Christmas. I really look forward to this time that we spend together. It doesn't hurt that he's a FANTASTIC gift giver.  He bought me this amazing bag . No secret, I'm a shoe and bag girl. Left to my own devices I would buy one of those and live on cereal or ramen for a while. Camera bag that's also a very stylish handbag? Yes please! Then to make things even better, inside that bag was a gift certificate to see my favorite stylist. I probably spend a little too much on my hair too... but I earned it people.  

So off I went on New Years Eve Eve (that would be yesterday) to start off the year right. No roots and fabulous hair! 
Stephanie keeps me from totally wrecking my own hair

I'm about as emotional as it comes, so today is always a day I spend thinking just a little too much for my own good. My brain thinks it's time to reminisce and get all teary and sad about times that are gone. Especially New Years gone by... the one when Cameron was 2 and I kept him up with me to watch the ball drop. Or the one that Danee and I spent in London. Or the one Adam and I were in Chicago. 

2011 has been a pretty good year for me. I have some amazing people in my life right now. Ones that I hope will be 
there for many sappy rants to come.  

Here's my wish for 2012- that we all continue to grow into the people we are meant to be. Not in a ridiculous "perfect person" way. Just to be the best you can be right now. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


0 comments:

Post a Comment