Sunday, June 3, 2012

A little bragging

I'm gonna do a little bragging here. We do alot of projects around here- home improvement and crafting goes on weekly. So when Danee said she had salvaged an old leather arm chair and was going to turn it into a reading chair for Myla's room, I got a little excited. I also thought it would take a LONG time. But she moved moved right along with it and knocked it out. I have to say, I don't know if I would have seen the potential in this that she did. She Googled the name on the plate and it was a company that closed in the 70's, so it's pretty old.

I don't have a tutorial for this. She read some instructional blogs and watched some YouTube. And, of course, there was quite a bit of wingin' it. What I do have are the really dramatic before, during and after pics she took. 

Saved from a moving neighbor's garbage. A diamond in the rough.

They had cats don't you think?
Foot stool

Over 600 upholstery tacks removed with a flat head screw driver and pliers. 



Bare bones

Black for the chair and pink for accent pieces 

Painted black
My favorite detail- all those upholstery tacks 

Finished product! 
Amazing right? She kicks some serious butt in the restoration department!

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment