Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY- laundry soap


 Pinterest is overflowing with "recipes for laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, make your own dryer sheets, all with the promise that you'll save loads of money. Bad pun, but yes, intended. Not sure what exactly it was that made me decide to try one of them. Maybe it's just the fun of starting a new project to make Adam crazy. I do have a tendency of starting things and then losing interest in them. Whatever it was I made a list based on a couple different that I had "pinned" and hit the laundry isle.


  • One four pound 12 ounce box of borax
  • One four pound box Arm & Hammer baking soda
  • One box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
  • Four pounds of Oxi Clean {1 small/ 1 large}
  • 3 bars of soap- most recipes called for Fels-Neptha I used a brand who's fragrance is lovely and tropical

Adam got me a 5 gallon bucket for mixing and I poured all the ingredients in, grated the bars of soap then turned it back over to Adam who put on the lid and shook it all up for me. Worked great!


When putting all the items in the basket I was sure it was going to cost more than this..

You supposedly use 2 to 3 tablespoons per load, so this may last a while! I'll let you know.


xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment