Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter and one last taste of snow

 2013 will go down as one of the years that Old Man Winter just wouldn't die. I know it's happened before, those late season snows- or was it EARLY season? I also know I'm ready for some flowers, warm weather, sitting outside for drinks and dinner... get the picture?
I had offered to fill in at work on Sunday the 24th for the girls that were on Spring Break. I agree, Stupid. And as the busy week moved on and Sunday got closer I started to dread it. I did hear that it might snow, but I didn't really pay too much attention until Friday. Then the chatter started... "4 inches, 6 inches, we might get 10 inches" Seriously??! WTH?
 My boss text me on Saturday. She was making the call to close and my response was, while thankful, I really couldn't wish for snow.
But snow it did!
We ended up with just under 10"

These had to be bought to bring some spring in

This crazy, last hurrah of winter was short lived though. I think my flowers did the trick! A week later, we've got a BEAUTIFUL Easter Sunday on our hands.

I didn't manage to catch them before the crazy hair portion of the day




Even though it wasn't a long day together it was so good for me. I think relief is the closest I can come to describing how I feel, seeing them all when it's been a while.

I'm hoping that recharge helps get me through the next couple of weeks.

Happy Spring!

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment