Thursday, September 5, 2013

Date Night

Have I ever told you how lucky I am? Well I am, very. I've managed to find someone that looks for ways to make me happy and comes up with date nights full of things he knows I'll love.

A few weeks ago Adam planned a night for us doing things that I've wanted to do for a very long time, but after 6 years of living here, had yet to do.

There's a lovely, huge oak in nearby McBaine. An iconic place around here, really. Enough so, that when I would tell people I had yet to visit, they'd just shake their heads. So my thoughtful man planned a night that I could take my camera and visit a couple of beautiful places in our area.


Big trees cast big shadows
 Our second stop was Cooper's Landing . Such an interesting place. As laid back as it gets. You can get Thai food, a beer and listen to a local band. I can see why people choose to be a "river rat". 
Missouri River sunset

Then it was off to get some sushi. We chose Kampai at Alley A. I love their outdoor seating and lord knows if I had my way I'd sit outside most of the time. 

We had a great night. Like I said I'm so thankful for this wonderful, thoughtful man.

xoxo

Lissa


0 comments:

Post a Comment