Friday, July 12, 2013

When your job feels like a job

2013 has been a wild and crazy time for jobs in this little yellow house. Adam is working 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week- he didn't get home until 9 on Wednesday night. That's one long day! It's REALLY starting to wear on him. 

 It's still been very busy for me too, but my problems aren't really coming from the hours I'm working.

While I love what I do most of the time, and enjoy almost every person I work with, I've been having some serious struggles. Some days are so frustrating I joke about going home and drinking my dinner. No matter how hard you try to do your job and do it well, roadblocks pop up, they always will. It sucks when the roadblock is a person. Mostly, we are a very good team.... maybe it's growing pains that we're feeling right now.

 I'm good at my job and I hate the "Sunday Night Dread" that's crept in the last few months. So I'm just going to have to keep trying to make the atmosphere at work what it used to be!

I think taking a couple classes, even online, is one thing I can do. Doing something to improve yourself always helps, right? Well, it sure can't hurt anyway!

Here's to all of us making our little corner of the world better! Have a great weekend.

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment