Sunday, November 28, 2010

Over the river....

What a great weekend!
Thanksgiving Day was spent with Adam's family at his grandmother's house. As always, everything was so delicious. I always find it interesting how everyone has different 'traditional' food on holidays. The menu with his family is most of the things you think of... turkey, dressing, candied yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, you know the standard stuff. But add 'noodles' YUM!
It has taken me quite a while to get comfortable with this group, which is pretty unusual for me and a little unnerving to be honest. It's a pretty odd dynamic to say the least. But I've come to enjoy dinners at Adam's Mama's (Maw-Maw) house.
This is what I wrote on the blackboard the other day. Self explanatory, I know, and it seems like a no-brainer. But it cuts to the heart of it, don't you think? And it is something that I am going to try to be much more mindful of everyday. I have soooo much to be thankful for, but yet at times, find myself focusing on things I can't even change.


Friday was our day with my family. Cameron had to work, but having 3 out of 4 kids are great odds. Especially with the crazy lives those guys lead. But what a wonderful surprise when Cameron walked through the door a couple hours before the rest were due to arrive. His boss had given him the day to come to Thanksgiving!
Now let me say, this is the very first time all 4 of my kids have been to my house at the same time since I moved here. Time and circumstances have plotted against having all of us together at the same time here. So it really was a special day.
The lives of my girls will be changing dramatically in the next year, so what a blessing to have this day with everyone.

As you can see, we quickly had snacks to recover from the drive. 1 1/2 hours is a while for a little kid! :o)



Why, you ask, is Annie hiding out with Cameron??




'Cause Gabi & Maggie have started a wrestling match with Casey and she wants no part of it! Poor Casey, I think he didn't really want a part if it either, but he's so good with the girls. Many comments were made though about his and Cameron's hope that Danee will finally give them a nephew. :o)





It is always a little stressful to get the cooking done for me. Now let me say that I wouldn't have it any other way and that I love it. But I'm always relieved to have it all out, ready to eat and not have something left in the 'fridge that we forgot!



The little girls moved to the grown up table after dinner to pick at everyones plates. :o)



Danee & Adam took care of the dishes. They are my HEROES! And as always, those two have a little fun while they work.




Courtney brought her crazy chihuahua, Gideon . Annie spent the first 30 minutes or more running from his amorous attention, but they ended up great buddies. The day completely exhausted my poor little girl. She has spent the better part of the time since all the company left sound asleep! They wore her out!




Miss Gracie is just a riot! We call her Frank the Tank. Which I know will need to end soon, before she knows what we are saying and it damages her for life!



Maggie needed a little pumpkin pie to make her day complete! Yummy.



As with every visit, the art table is where it's at. Even Gracie with her reindeer hat got in the act. I managed to keep the toy box out of the equation this time, and this is not even all the art supplies!



I hope everyone had as good of a day as I did! It was best Thanksgiving weekend in recent memory.

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment