Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Girls night....

What do YOU think of when I say "Girls Night Out" ? This last weekend in Kansas City it meant a tradition that means a lot to me! My daughters, my friends and their daughters, to the KC Royals Girls Night Out.


Me and my girls....
Danee, Courtney,Britt, Darla, Jen
Me & Kell

The hotel this year was a little ways from the stadium, which meant a shuttle... a trial in itself, but thanks to Darla, all worked out just fine!



This is my baby girl.... Danee. And I have some news... my Danee girl is going to be a mommy. That makes me a Nana x 4. I love this girl more than life.



1st view of Kauffman Stadium for the night. The clouds might be a little ominous, don't you think?



I love this team... I get a little frustrated, but that's life & baseball


This is the moment that I wait for... the moment that you first see the field. Unless you feel it, there is really no way for me to explain it to you.... A religious experience for me. I don't mean that disrespectfully in any way. Usually it involves tears. You see, I'm not just a girl that looks good in blue... I LOVE BASEBALL. That line in Pretty Woman about opera fits here too....
If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they may learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul.
It is part of my soul

My Girls... Darla, Brit (goofy girl, look at me!), Danee, Kelly, my oldest girl Courtney, and Jen. What you don't see is that 3 of these beautiful ladies are pregnant! So we had at least 1 little man for girls night this year.... Brit is having a little boy, Kelly is having a girl, and we don't know with our Dan is having yet... stay tuned. :o)


Kelly got an awesome new camera... I am soooo jealous.


Clouds are getting a bit scarier...



We got to sit in our seats for about a 1/2 an inning and then here came the rain. Can you see the wet base paths??



They ended up closing the upper deck and asking us to get under cover as it was about to hail... itty bitty hail but LOTS of rain.



LOTS of rain...




This beautiful statue is of Ewing and Muriel Kauffman and is in left center field area. Doesn't it look like they are just having a blast in the rain?? Completely joyful. Just like a trip to the K should be!



I love Girls Night at the K... for so many reasons. It really brings together so many of my loves... my friend and my Royals. Love my Boys in Blue... and there's always next year.

xoxo
Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment