Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Here it comes, ready or not....

It's always the same. I stick my head in the sand, drag my feet, whine, throw a fit, or hold my breath until I turn blue, but it always happens. Summer ends. I love Summer. It means the pool, baseball, sunshine, eating alfresco & flip-flops of course. There is a long list of why Summer is my favorite.

Autumn, Fall, or Autumnal Equinox, whatever your term of choice is, it's really a wonderful time of the year just like her sister Summer. There's football, chili, really cute boots & sweaters, pumpkin mochs, beautiful leaves, Thanksgiving & of course the World Series. Once I get over missing Summer I really do love "hoodie weather".

The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the first day of Autumn. This year they "fall" on the same day- sorry couldn't resist- and this doesn't happen again for many years.

Here is my view of the Harvest Moon 2010
So tonight I give up missing what I can't have, and enjoy what is. Hello Fall 2010!

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.”

~ Stanley Horowitz






0 comments:

Post a Comment