Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Start

My mother ( and many others) told me to enjoy my kids when they were young... "Don't blink, they will be grown and gone before you know it!" Yeah, right! was all I could think. My 4 were born in 5 1/2 years. Oh, and yes, I knew what caused it, and yes, I tryed NOT to have 4 in 5 1/2 years, but God obviously had different ideas.

I spent most of today with my oldest, the child of my heart. I don't mean I love him more... just different. At times it was he and I against the world (or felt that way). We watched the World Cup final as Adam napped on the couch. We YouTubed commercials, and he searched for a new phone online. He took great pleasure in texting his girlfriend that his mother also can remember things from before the age of 3, (She swears this is "impossible") and we cleared up a couple of mysteries of those memories... where was the green carpet? what toy had glowing eyes? Ordinary day. Well yes, but for me it was heaven. You see, he had not set foot in my house since I moved in with Adam until about 2 months ago. I never pushed, he has the right to his feelings. I just knew it would change, and it is. Only a few people know how truely thankful I am for this. It is a start...

0 comments:

Post a Comment