Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vacation Day 1

I love having company. Although I'm always a stress-monster getting ready for them to be here I love having people in our home & playing tour guide around my current, chosen "home town", and in this case, state. 

So when my best friend and I started toying with the idea of she & the hubby coming to visit I got REALLY excited. When I go home for visits there's always such a short amount of time we're able to get together it sounded too good to be true. We get together every couple years somewhere or other.... San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, since that's always fun, having them here was bound to be a great time. The discussion started because Todd loves NASCAR and the race at Kansas Speedway was coming up, so the plotting and planning was under way. It all fell together really quick and easy. 

After picking them up at the St Louis airport we headed to Schlafly Bottleworks for some yummy beer and late lunch.


I wish I had gone for the big lens on this one. I want this to be me when I'm in my 80's. Sitting on the patio in the beautiful weather, having a delicious beer (yes she had a beer) and great conversation with a companion. She made me smile.   

After we got all checked in to the hotel we hiked the few blocks up to Busch Stadium  for a little play off baseball. Even though the Cardinals aren't "my team" above all I'm a BASEBALL fan and to watch a game with that buzz  and excitement was so much fun. 



Albert Pujols

It was an exciting party to attend!




This lady cracked me up. She just knitted away all game long. 

We didn't get balloons. Boo.

I didn't get a shot of him but the Busch Stadium #rallysquirrel  made another appearance. Twice. He stirred up a little drama and off he went, looking for dropped peanuts and Cracker Jacks I have no doubt.

They win and live to fight another day.

We walked back to the hotel through a downtown vibrating with the win. We got high fives from strangers and everybody was your friend. But as Patty and Todd and taken the red eye out of A town the night before, we headed to hotel for some much needed sleep. We had a lot in store for them over the week so pacing ourselves seemed like the way to go.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment