Thursday, February 17, 2011

Table

A couple of weeks ago we delivered the latest of Adam's furniture projects to St Charles. He made a table for Cameron to hold a 3 ton TV. I may have exaggerated, but not by much! What I really thought would be a basic "butcher block" type table turned out really beautiful.

Every good project begins in one of the home improvement stores. I have to be very careful, I can spend hours in the black hole of Lowes. I may need a 12 step program.

The top is very quickly together.

Next, the base comes together really nicely.

Ready for stain. This is where I'm actually helpful. Messy, but helpful. It's really a good thing right now that the bonus room is not finished yet. It really came in handy with the weather being so bad.

Looking good, right?

Love dowels. And although it doesn't fit my house I really love the big industrial looking bolts.

Needless to say, Cam was thrilled with how it turned out.

Voila!

0 comments:

Post a Comment