Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sewing project

I used to sew quite a bit. I've quilted, made a few pieces of clothing, home decor, etc. Until a few months ago I even had a sewing machine, but it went ka-put and would have cost more to fix than to just fine a new one if I wanted to replace it. (I hate that!)
When I got my camera I wanted to pretty it up a bit, so I did a search of some etsy shops, and found several that I really liked. But they looked pretty simple to do myself and thought I'd give it a shot.
I have to admit, I am VERY out of sewing practice. I would love to blame a couple of my ooopies on the fact that I borrowed the sewing machine from Adam's mom. But I think most of the bad words I said were my own fault.

3 coordinating fabrics. 1 is for a pocket to put the lens cap in, but not done yet.

Strips cut out and ready to sew

The top fabric is gathered. I was pretty pleased that I remembered how to do this! The bottom fabric has a layer of batting .

Ribbon covers the gathering seam and adds a touch that I like.

Turned out pretty well!



1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome, Lissa! I've been meaning to make one of these, but I can never seem to pick out fabrics. :)