Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy non-Easter

I'm still trying to get things done around here that haven't been done for going on 2 weeks. Such as laundry, bathrooms, vacuuming. You know, the glamorous part of being a grown up. So anyway, I did not go out to see the kids today. Even typing that is hard, and it's been a harder day than I thought it would be. A completely non- Easter feeling day. 

What I decided is that I would get stuff done around here & would get them next weekend to have a do-over Easter. Brilliant if I do say so myself. I'll be hitting Hy-Vee & Target tomorrow for the marked down, forgotten stragglers of the Easter this & that. HA! Take that budget. I won't get a lot of candy since that would be shooting myself in the foot. Who wants 3 little girls hopped up and sugar & red dye #5? Not this Nana. 

So we'll be coloring these and the Easter Bunny will be making a stop next Saturday night for 3 special little girls. I cleared it with him, so it's cool.



Oh, and we'll be watching this too. I watched it when I was little, so did my kids and now I'm teaching the girls to love Sunny the Bunny and his Easter antics. Yes, I have a cartoon thing. Why do you ask?



On another "feel good" note for me today. Courtney was able to call home & talk to Ray & the girls for minutes! *HUGE smile* She is now able to tear down & reassemble a M16 in under 2 minutes. Before you groan, I'm really proud of her. She's ahead of the curve & has set her mind to what she has to get done. She's quite a girl. She is getting our letters, which I have to admit is a relief to me. Not really sure WHAT I was worried about, but so glad she is getting them. She was already gone when Myla was born so I sent her pics and all the specifics of the birth. I've sent off at least a note card, if not a letter every day. If anyone could find some time to write a note of encouragement to someone they have never met, to make her Mama feel better let me know!  *smile*

Hope everyone had a wonderful day whether you celebrate Easter or not. 

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment