Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cicada symphony ends

Columbia was invaded. We've reached end of the little suckers life span, but what a loud life they have. If I was only going to live for a few weeks? Yeah I'd be as loud as I could be too. Just sayin.  

I hear them every summer (I actually like their song), but didn't really know anything about them. This little graph gave me some pretty cool facts.  

I took this video June 8th, which seemed like the peak of their life. There's a couple of jumpy parts... I was being dive bombed.
video

Creepy lookin little guys, aren't they?



Annie kept "sneaking" them in the house. Pretty sure she just kept them in her mouth and carried them in. I don't think she ever actually ate one, just played with them.

Then she'd get all bummed out when they stopped buzzing at her.


xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment