Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Favorite Things...

Over the last year I've read several things from Columbia residents that amount to a "what is wrong with this town" list. From shopping, to sports, to restaurants, Tweets & blog post list all the faults. I would really like to tell these unsatisfied people to please do us all a favor & go back to where it was so great.  I've lived in a few different towns & states. Each has it's own quirks & things that I think could be better. But they all also have great little treats for you to discover. That is if you stop griping long enough to find them. 

Ok, that said, I think this is a pretty great place to live. So on occasion, I'm going to post about some of the things that I love about being here. My Favorite Things. 

Going to the Columbia Farmer's Market on Spring, Summer & Fall Saturday mornings is one of the things I look forward to the most. There are weeks we don't even buy anything- not usually- but I love to wander. Granted, we have a very small market, but I still enjoy our Saturday mornings there. 



Everyone is so proud of their goods. I can't blame them, they're wonderful.

This long line is for peaches, always a much anticipated arrival. 

I love these mustards. She has great jams too.

So if you haven't been, do yourself a favor and give it a try. Go with an open mind and ask questions. In my experience the vendors love to educate you on the items they sell. 

xoxo

Lissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment